Do you have an interest in tourism on the North Island?
Do you want to contribute to growing tourism in this region?
Here’s Your Chance
The Vancouver Island North Tourism Advisory Committee (VINTAC) is requesting expressions of interest from tourism stakeholders within the Regional District of Mount Waddington (RDMW) interested in becoming a part of this volunteer committee for the 2017-2018 term.
Vancouver Island North Tourism has been created to focus on the promotion and management of tourism as a region. Representing the municipalities of Port Hardy, Port McNeill, Alert Bay, Port Alice, and Electoral Areas A, B, C and D, this coordinated approach lets each community have a larger impact by working together as a region. Promotion of Vancouver Island North as a destination happens through marketing programs, media relations, and work with the travel trade.
VINTAC is an advisory committee of the RDMW that is formed by a regionally representative group of volunteer members representing Tourism Stakeholder, First Nation, municipal and RDMW positions. The role of the committee is as follows:
- Advise the Regional District on annual plans
- Ensure the Business Plan reflects regional priorities and input of the committee
- Ensures cooperative marketing and advertising initiatives have local support
- Ensures the Business Plan reflects the community needs and is not top-down
- Assesses contractor performance
- Approves sub-contracts of over $15,000
- Approves staffing and office leases
- Follows RDMW committee structure and conventions
If you are interested in putting your name forward for consideration, please send an Expression of Interest with a brief description of your professional background and why you would like to be considered for this committee. Please also include which community of the RDMW you are from.
Submit your expression of interest to:
By email email@example.com
By post mail Box 728, Port Hardy, V0N 2P0
All expressions of interest will be reviewed by the current committee and recommendations made to the RDMW for approval.