Vancouver Island North Regional Tourism is now recruiting for a Full-time Summer Student:
Full-time Summer Student
Are you currently enrolled as a full-time college or university student in a tourism or business administration focused program? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to gain meaningful work experience in destination marketing on Vancouver Island North Tourism?
If you are eager to learn, self-motivated, and passionate about the Vancouver Island North region, we want to hear from you. We are seeking to fill a full-time summer student position with an individual who can assist with the implementation of the marketing plan for Vancouver Island North Tourism.
Based in the community of Port Hardy, you will report to the Tourism Coordinator and assist in achieving program goals. The position will include providing assistance with maintenance of the regional tourism website, the image bank, visitor statistics, research projects, and social media channels. This role requires proficiency with website software, WordPress preferred, Microsoft Office applications, and social media platforms. The right candidate will be a strong communicator with a keen eye for detail.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementation of the marketing plan for Vancouver Island North Tourism
- Monitor sales progress of marketing projects
- Distribute collateral materials upon request
- Maintenance of the Vancouver Island North image bank
- Assist with maintenance of social media channels
- Coordinate survey and research projects
- Maintenance of the Vancouver Island North regional tourism website
- Maintenance of Vancouver Island North regional tourism representation on external sites
- Updating and maintenance of stakeholder database
- Maintenance of visitor statistics
- Assist with development of consumer newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit your personal resume and cover letter to: Joli White, Tourism Coordinator
Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Island North Tourism.